Helping The Injured Recover The Compensation They Deserve

What Happens When My Claim Is Denied?

It is not uncommon to have a workers’ compensation claim get denied. Even valid claims are often turned down initially. However, you should not give up. In most cases, getting help from a lawyer can resolve the issue.

I am attorney David Garner, and I represent injured workers throughout Georgia. With past experience working as a defense lawyer for insurance companies, I understand why so many claims are denied. After reviewing your claim, I can help you put together the information you need to help you recover the benefits to which you are entitled.

Requesting A Hearing After A Claim Has Been Denied

If your workers’ comp claim was denied, we can request a hearing to overturn the insurance company’s decision. Hearings are usually scheduled before an administrative law judge (ALJ) 60 to 90 days after filing a request, however, delays are somewhat common.

To preserve your claim, it is important that you begin this process as soon as possible after your claim has been denied. I will immediately request a hearing and I will be at your side during the hearing and throughout this process.

Appealing A Claims Denial

If the ALJ upholds the decision to deny a claim following a hearing, all is not lost. We can appeal to the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation within 20 days of the ALJ’s ruling. If your claim is still denied, we can appeal to the Superior Court in the county where you were injured.

It is rare for a workers’ compensation case to proceed further than the Superior Court, but if appropriate we can request a hearing before the Georgia Court of Appeals. If the appeals court denies your request we may also appeal to the Georgia Supreme Court.

I Can Take Your Appeal As Far As Necessary

Do not hesitate to reach out to a lawyer for help with appealing your workers’ compensation denial. Call Garner Law Office, P.C., in Dallas to make arrangements for a free consultation. You may send me an email or call me at 678-956-7338.